Power cut happens every day in Tamil Nadu. Villages and towns mostly affected by the power cut. In these areas usually power cut lasts for around 6 to 12 hours a day. It affects people’s day-to-day activities. Cities also face frequent power cuts.
Government has no new plans to generate more power to fulfill the need. Every day the usage of electricity is increasing. So, it is unavoidable.
We can bring one solution to the issue ‘minvettu’. We have to announce ‘minvettu’ ourselves instead of electricity board. We could save electricity and money together by the following techniques.
People have to save the power whenever they could. Most of the people not think about the power saving. Few peoples are following the power saving methods, but they are missing some ways. So, everybody must have awareness of the power saving, and follow the techniques to make a difference.
- Always switch off unnecessary fashion lights, light bulbs, fans and other electric appliances which are not needed to work all the times.
- Always switch off the light bulbs and fans even when you are away the room for few minutes.
- Avoid using the light bulbs in day time.
- Try to use sunlight always. Open your windows and let sunshine in.
- Reduce watching Television. It is safe for your eyes.
- Switch to Radio for news and songs.
- Avoid playing video games. It is a time killer activity. You may addict to the game.
- If you feel boring at home, don’t watch TV, go for a walk outside. It is good for your health too.
- Read books instead of watching TV unnecessarily.
- Avoid using electric appliances for day-to-day activities. Make its use minimal as much as possible.
- When you buy appliances consider the energy saving stars.
- Use CFL bulbs instead of regular bulbs. CFL bulbs save more energy than normal bulbs.
- Try to use solar power as much as possible.
- Don’t think like that, having electrical appliances as prestigious matter. If you think about it means you gave up your good health for your prestige. You have to spend more money and suffer a lot at the older age, because of your lazy body.
Why you can’t live without these unnecessary things?
Educate peoples to save power in all possible ways.
Think! Think!! Think!!!
-- Saravanan Rathinavel